The Thanksgiving Season reminds us all to take some time to both reflect on what we are thankful for and also to actively express our gratitude. Over the past 5 years since Superstorm Sandy, the Seaport has worked to serve our community in expanded ways as our way of giving back. We have been able to serve as a hub, often connecting those who want an outlet to give with neighbors in need. For five years, we brought the community together to give thanks and share a meal. This never would have been possible without tremendous support from local restaurants, community organizations, and volunteers. While we have retired this event, we actively seek new ways to act as a gathering place for the community. If you are looking to give back this holiday season or throughout the year, the Seaport can help.
Ways To Give Back:
- Donate canned goods to the Tuckerton and Little Egg Harbor Food Pantry. You will find a collection bin in our Visitor Center.
- Donate new or gently used books to the Little Free Library at Tuckerton Seaport. This new program provides a space for a community book share.
- Donate new toys to the Seaport Holiday Toy Drive. All donated items will help brighten the holiday season for local students in need.
- Donate your time. Tuckerton Seaport is one of the dozens of local nonprofit groups that rely on volunteers to support our operations.
- Join us on January 1st for Fire and Ice Food Trucks & Fireworks, Noon-6pm. This free community event includes family friendly activities with fireworks over the lake at 6pm sponsored by the Pinelands July 4th Celebration Committee.
On behalf of the Seaport Board of Trustees, Staff, and Volunteers, we wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving and a joyous holiday season!