Enjoy a different view of the Seaport! Join guides from Ocean County Parks & Recreation as they lead an eco-tour of the Tuckerton Creek by kayak! Kayaks and flotation devices will be provided. You don’t need to be an expert, but for safety, some kayaking experience is preferred.
Kayak tours will take place every other Saturday through the summer: July 14, July 28, August 11 and August 25. There will be tours at 10am and 1:30pm.
If kayaking isn’t your “thing”, you can enjoy a walk through the Seaport Nature Trail with guides from Ocean County Parks & Recreation. The guides will lead a Walk & Talk tour of the nature trail. Learn about nature and history as you enjoy your summertime stroll. The trail walks will take place every other Monday through the summer: July 20, August 13 and August 27, at 10am and 1pm.
Both tours are free with the cost of Tuckerton Seaport Admission.
Please call 609-296-8868 to reserve your spot today!
If you’re kayaking, here’s what you need to know:
- This is a 3 mile trip, down and back, depending on conditions.
- Trips take approximately 2 hours. Return times are approximate
- Please arrive 10-15 min prior to trip departure time to sign in. Trips are at 10am and 1:30 pm (If we can move it up in the advertising from the 2 pm time that would be helpful.)
- Maximum is 19 participants. These are 2 person, sit-on-top kayaks.
- Minimum age 7 with 1 adult (16 & up) per boat required.
- In the afternoon, be prepared to paddle into the wind. Inclement weather and thunderstorms in the area will cancel a trip.
- Wear shoes that can get be submerged in water. We will have to stand in the water to get into the kayaks. Shoes must stay on your feet. (We will be launching via the “beach” behind Perrine boat works.)
- Wear clothing that can get wet and dirty.
- Bring sunscreen, bug spray and water.
- Do not bring anything with you that cannot get wet unless you have a waterproof bag.
- Life jackets will be provided and must be worn. Participants can bring their own coast guard approved PFD if they’d like. Paddles will also be provided.
- Participants must be able to swim.
- Kayaking experience is required.